Visitor Alert: COVID-19 Update
Are you open and accepting patients?
Yes, we are OPEN by appointment! To book, please call 403-652-2424 or email email@example.com.
Due to limited exam availability and increased sanitizing and safety protocols we are booking full exams up to 1 week in advance.
Should I get my eyes examined during the pandemic?
In a time of continued uncertainty, one thing remains clear: your vision is important and you can take steps to keep it that way, even during a pandemic.
As with every aspect of our lives, significant modifications have been made to the way Spectrum Eyecare & Eyewear operates, putting safety first. You will see spaced appointments and physical distancing, staff and doctors using protective equipment, modifications to some tests, and more — with the same commitment to patient health.
Every effort is being made to ensure that our staff, doctors and patients are kept safe. Putting aside COVID-19 concerns, there are seven reasons to urgently call your eye doctor, no matter the age of the patient:
- Eye injury
- Eye pain
- If you notice new floaters or flashes of light
- Red eye
- A sudden change in vision
- Blank or wavy spots
- Refills for prescription eye drops
Delaying care in these situations may result in poor outcomes, including vision loss. If you are unable to attend an in-person appointment, we may be able to offer you a telephone consultation with one of our doctors to triage care and discuss options. When in doubt, call us at 403-652-2424!
What do I need to know for my appointment?
- Please arrive to your appointment wearing a clean mask covering both nose and mouth (non-medical or medical grade). Due to a shortage of PPE, we are unable to provide free masks for patients. If you require a mask, we have a limited quantity available for purchase ($2) at the front desk. We reserve the right to refuse service at any point if you do not have an appropriate mask available.
- We are accepting only the scheduled patient in our clinic. If you require a caretaker (patients 12 and under, elderly, or special needs) please limit to one accompanying individual and notify us at the time of booking.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer upon entry, or request access to the public restroom to wash your hands.
- All magazines, pamphlets and toys have been removed from our waiting area, as well as our watercooler and self-serve coffee station and excess waiting area seating.
- All hard surfaces, testing equipment, exam rooms, frames, and point of sale terminals will be thoroughly sanitized between patients.
Adjustments, Repairs & Ordering Glasses?
Optician services will require a pre-appointment. Walk-ins will be accommodated when we are able, you may be required to wait in your vehicle or asked to schedule a time to return to the clinic if we are expecting scheduled patients that will put us above our maximum capacity of in-clinic patients.
Adjustments Adjustment appointments will be limited to 15 minutes.
Repairs Please package your frame and all parts in a baggie with your contact information and drop off at the front desk. Our Opticians will notify you when your frame is ready for pickup.
Ordering Glasses Frame selection appointments will be limited to 30 minutes. We request that you please refrain from touching any of the frames on the display boards. Our opticians are happy to assist you in selecting frames to try on.
Can I order contact lenses?
Please call or e-mail with your requested quantity of contact lenses. We will place your order and have the lenses shipped directly to you. We are only able to supply contact lenses for current contact lens wearers. If you are interested in trying contact lenses, you will be placed on a waitlist until we are able to safely resume contact lens training.
What payment methods are you accepting?
When possible, please send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also able to accept credit card payments via phone. If you need to pay in the clinic, debit or credit is available. Please limit cash and cheques if possible.
Where can I find more info on COVID-19?
Our website and social media pages will be updated with any further developments in the operations of our clinic. On behalf of the Doctors and Staff, thank you for your patience and please know our thoughts are with you and your families,
The Spectrum Eyecare & Eyewear Team